Cyber Monday : Christmas Kick OffCyber Monday Statistics
- 72 million consumers will shop online this year on Cyber Monday. Source: BIGresearch for Shop.org
- More than half (54.5%) of office workers with Internet access, or 68.5 million people, will shop for holiday gifts from work this year, up substantially from 50.7 percent in 2006 and 44.7 percent in 2005. Source: BIGresearch for Shop.org
- Men are more likely to shop from work than women (57.3% vs. 51.7%) and young adults 18-24 years old are more likely to shop there than any other age group (72.9%). Source: BIGresearch for Shop.org
- Many retailers offered one-day sales (28.9%) and free shipping on all purchases (24.7%) today. Source: Shop.org/Shopzilla eHoliday study conducted by BizRate.com
- 72.2 percent of online retailers are planning a special promotion for Cyber Monday, up from 42.7 percent just two years ago. Source: Shop.org/Shopzilla eHoliday study conducted by BizRate.com
- More than 550 online retailers post holiday promotions and special savings on cybermonday.com
Parenting Tip: Father/Son ChatParenting humor. Parenting tip on how to keep your sense of humor is a proven method of protecting your sanity. This is a story of a father who talks to his six-year-old boy about marriage.
A six-year-old boy told his father he wanted to marry the little girl across the street.
The father, being modern and well-schooled in handling children, hid his smile behind his hand.
"That's a serious step," he said.
"Have you thought it out completely?"
"Yes," his young son answered. "We can spend one week in my room and the next in hers. It's right across the street, so I can run home if I get scared of the dark."
"How about transportation?" the father asked.
"I have my wagon, and we both have our tricycles,"
the little boy answered.
The boy had an answer to every question the father raised.
Finally, in exasperation, his dad asked,
"What about babies? When you're married,
you're liable to have babies, you know."
"We've thought about that, too," the little boy replied.
"We're not going to have babies.
Every time she lays an egg,
I'm going to step on it!"
The Most Contagious Laugh Ever
Are you feeling like laughing? Sometimes we just need a good laugh. Well, jokes can certainly make us laugh. But how about just listening to someone else laugh? Believe it or not just listening to another person laugh can actually make you start laughing.
There is a YouTube video of a guy who is a volunteer on some comedy show. The guy gets up there and starts laughing and just can't stop. Before you know it, everyone is laughing and even the comedian can't stop.
I've heard the saying that laughing is contegeous and this video proves it. Go see if you can watch it without laughing:
Make Saving Easy With ING Direct
I felt I had to do a Rick's Review on this one. I know many of you have probably been using online savings accounts for some time. But I also know there are many who don't use them and really don't understand them.
So let's talk about one of my favorites. It is ING Direct. You can check out their website at www.INGDirect.com.
I love to put money away in savings. It is fun to watch it grow. And you can actually watch it grow when you use these internet savings accounts. Some people still don't understand these types of accounts and they still use traditional savings accounts at local banks. The problem with local bank accounts is they pay us so little in interest.
There are many great internet savings accounts out there but I happen to like ING Direct. Here's why...
Where Does Your Bottled Water Really Come From?
Some of you may have seen it. There was an article from Associated Press talking about bottled water. It was particularly focused on Pepsi's brand, Aquafina. Did you know that Aquafina isthe biggest bottled water brand?
Do you ever wonder where the water actually comes from in your bottled water? When you look at the nice labels, you may feel the water is coming from way far away where the water is fresh and clean. But the truth is that Aquafina water and many other brands get their water from the same place that you and I get it.
Now, that doesn't mean that the water is full of bad stuff like it is when we drink straight tap water. The water does go through a water purification system. So I would not say that the water is bad but I think we should know we aren't really paying for some unique water.